Friday, August 31, 2018

Surgery Update

Surgery is over. Now the healing and recovery begin. Yesterday my Oncologist performed a "radical hysterectomy with tissue removal and right side lymph node removal". He said he is very hopeful that he was able to maintain good margins, and hopefully the cancer is contained to all the areas that were removed.

We will return on Sept 12 (Marilyn's 11th birthday) for full post op appointment and pathology report findings.

My PET scan did show a lymph node in my armpit area that was a concern. The Oncologist is once again, hopeful, that this is unrelated and perhaps just a false alarm. Once I am through with healing from this surgery, we will have a mammogram to review this site.

I am blessed and overwhelmed by the outpouring of love for me, Hunter, Marilyn and Spencer. You are holding my parents, sister and in-laws in your supportive hands and caring for us all.

Thank you is not a big enough phrase.

I will not lie, the pain is extreme. I react poorly to pain medicine, and it severely nauseated me yesterday, not fun when your insides were all just whisked up and you're healing. So I'm doing my best for pain management with extra strength tylenol. 😣

Hunter is an exceptional caregiver, too good because he makes me laugh, which hurts so much right now. But he's the one I'd pick every time.

Thankfully, we have now been released from the hospital and have returned to the comfort of our own home. I made it upstairs into the recovery room we created in our bedroom, and now I am ready to rest and heal.

Please keep up the positive vibes, prayers and support. It is fueling my recovery and my fight be cancer free.

Soft, air hugs for now,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Passing Chemo

Today I met with our Chemo Oncologists and I've officially passed chemo! My next appointment on that floor will be in late February...