Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Recovery



Today I finished my *last* hydration infusion. I say *last* because I hope it is but I don't meet with the chemo oncologist until tomorrow. I'm praying she will say, "my labs look great, my body's recovering, I can get my PICC line removed, and I can be done with infusions. It's not so much that any one of those items are too much, it's just that they all involve the time consuming, exhausting reality of cancer. And I'm ready to be done with cancer. I'm ready to let my days be full of kids, family, work, fun... not cancer and cancer recovery. I know I am far from done, but I have such limited energy, I want to spend it on the new normal of my life not the time sucking cancer. 

In big news updates, I'm driving again! Man, does it feel great to have some independence back. On Monday I went in to my office rather than working from home. It was wonderful, exhausting... but wonderful. Today I went in to school for drop off, and it was joyful. I drove myself to my hydration infusion and finished my Christmas cards while I was there. Then I took Spencer to his Endocrinologist appt... Last week I couldn't do these things. Little steps, but huge steps!


This is our third "new normal". Each time following a big diagnosis in our family. I have no idea what it will shake out to look like, but I'm confident I will be surrounded by love and support from our amazing tribe. Because I know if I couldn't have handled these big steps on my own today, I would have helpers lined up to jump in. What an incredible feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Passing Chemo

Today I met with our Chemo Oncologists and I've officially passed chemo! My next appointment on that floor will be in late February...