Wednesday, August 29, 2018

A Note from Hunter...

I don’t even know how to start one of these things. I am so torn.  Reality hasn’t set in for me, Sarah, and definitely not the kids.  We are remaining as optimistic and positive as we can.  I just want to think that this has all been a bad dream and that I will wake up at any moment or that we will get a call from the doctor’s office saying that the lab mixed up our lab results with someone else’s.  But, reality is starting to set in… Sarah is trying to stay busy and I am finding my mind wander to what if scenarios….

Over a week ago I took a picture of our family board in the kitchen.  It was when the kids were starting back into their activities and Sarah was very busy.  The caption that she put at the bottom of our weekly agenda was “Find the calm in the chaos!”  Little did she know that the chaos was just beginning. 


Sarah is the most caring and giving person that I have ever met and is the reason that I have married her.  I have seen this in several different ways over the years.  The first of course starting with me, next with the kids, and last with the thing she holds dear to her heart (SON Foundation, Christmas giving to families in need, and her work as PTO President at the children’s school.  My heart truly aches for her and what she has to go through over the next weeks or months.
             
In the bottom of my heart I know that she can do it because she is my “rock” and she is the one constant that has told me that I could do it when I was going through the toughest time of my life.  She is the Peppermint Patty to my Charlie Brown – even if she makes me say “good grief” from time to time there is no one that I would rather do it with.  Most of the time she can tell what I am thinking before I can even get the words out, so I know, the she already knows what I am thinking about this whole thing that we will be going through as a family and even though she may think she will be alone for part of this journey I will be like footprints in the sand following behind if not beside her for all of the way.  Sarah, you will never walk alone.



Love Always,
Your Charlie Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Passing Chemo

Today I met with our Chemo Oncologists and I've officially passed chemo! My next appointment on that floor will be in late February...