Tuesday, August 28, 2018

The Waiting


I can't slow down. I can't stop moving. If I do, I will have time to let my thoughts wander and my head process, and frankly, I am not ready for that.

Hunter says I have been going non-stop since I found out, and he is right. It is my coping mechanism to stay busy. If I am busy, I can try not to think of the million what-if scenarios that terrify me.

I am trying so hard to fight only the battle in front of me. I cannot fight every contingency plan, every what-if. So I am not. I am only focusing on one day at a time, only the facts we know.

So what do we know. We know that I am going in tomorrow for the PET scan. This will let us know if the cancer has spread. This is the info we need to accurately form our game plan. This will confirm that surgery on Thursday is still on as planned or that we are gearing up for a different kind of fight.

Prayers. Prayers are requested for a clear PET scan. We want to hear that the cancer is confined to the reproductive areas and that surgery is still our best course of action. I can hear the words coming from the Oncologist in my mind, I am embracing positive thoughts and am ready for confirmation.

Because I can only handle one fight at a time, and that is our first battle.

Updates tomorrow as I know more. Peace out prayer warriors.

Hugs,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. You are such a brilliant human and I'm grateful for your willingness to write the story as it unfolds. God, we ask that you answer our prayers and heal Sarah completely! Amen.

    ReplyDelete

Passing Chemo

Today I met with our Chemo Oncologists and I've officially passed chemo! My next appointment on that floor will be in late February...